The Carriage Inn, steeped in Colonial and Civil War history. Built in 1840. Listed on the Historic Register of Historic Places is a Jefferson County Historical Land Mark. Operated successfully as a B&B since 1985. This beautiful property sited on a 1+ acre corner lot in Down Town Charles Town, surrounded by huge, stately trees; the two ancient copper beech trees provide an entrance gateway. With the Carriage House guest house as a 2 BR "Mother-in Law suite", this property can well be used as a private residence. In the main house there is a first floor primary bedroom suite and bath opening to a screened porch. Lots of additional storage in both buildings. The elegance and comfort of this highly attractive brick Inn lends itself to a comfortable and outstanding private residence as well. Immaculate, meticulously cared for in excellent condition, move in ready. TURN KEY. Furnishings included listed in attached documents. Please view photos, video tour and description of rooms in the attached documents. There are two residential buildings the Carriage House and the Main House. The Bright System does not allow for the two buildings to be indicated as such in the system. The Carriage house has two bedrooms, a living room, + private bath with a whirlpool tub ( these additional rooms are not included in the list of rooms on BrightMLS; system limitations) Good Mother in law suite or guest house These rooms are pictured in the included photos and are measured and provided in the floor plan included in the documents attached to the listing. There are 9 bedrooms 8.5 private baths, 2 whirlpool tubs, 8 fireplaces, 12 foot ceilings, wood floors, wonderful furnishings and window coverings, chandeliers; offering luxurious amenities. Shining and sparkling. Cleaner than clean. Elegant and gracious. Immaculate and tasteful. One of a kind. AMAZING property. HIGH SPEED INTERNET- work from home. Great established business opportunity or wonderful family compound to entertain all your friends or for weekend getaways. This exceptional bed and breakfast earns excellent traveler ratings that indicate the Inn's exceptional quality. Elegant, comfortable, beautiful. List of furnishings to convey included. Please view video tour. All business assets included in the sale of the property. Outstanding value. Turnkey ready. Exceptional in every way. A real gem. Please note there are two parcels and two separate tax records attached in the documents. The Bright system does not allow for the listing of the two parcels. The combined total tax amounts for both parcels are included in the listing although both parcels are not listed as such.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Federal
7 Full/1 Half
Hot Water Heater, Sump Pump, Other, Public Water S
6,188 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Cable TV, Electric service available, Telephone
Jefferson County Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Storage, Foyer, Utility Room, Florida Room, Attic
- Butler Pantry
- Cook Top Range, Electric Dryer, Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Freezer, Microwave, Double Oven, Self-Cleaning Oven, Electric Range/Cooktop, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Washer, Water Dispenser, Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Hardwood, Vinyl, Carpet
- Central Air, Window Air Conditioning, Electric, Heat Pump, Ceiling Fan(s), Attic Fan
- Electric Heating, Oil. Radiators, Forced Air.
- Partial, Full, Entrance Outside, Partially Finished
- 8. Gas Burning, Mantle.
- 32 Inch Or More Wide Doors, Entry Level Bedroom.
- TV Entry System, Main Entrance Locked, Security System, Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Wood Floors, Attic Storage, Window Treatment, Fire Alarm System, Multiple Phone Lines
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces.
- Patio, Porch, Screened-in
- Composition Shingle
- Lot View
- City, Trees/Woods
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Sidewalks, Front Yard, Landscaped, Back Yard, Side Yard, Trees. Corner, Front Yard, Landscaping, Premium, Rear Yard, Sideyard(S), Other, Trees/Wooded.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price